Thursday, August 12, 2010

Eating Confessions - You Won't Believe What I've Been Eating

Colonel Bob's Intro to Weight Loss Secrets
Six Keys to Weight Loss
Eating Confessions - 
You Won't Believe What I've Been Eating

Lt. Col. Bob Weinstein Caught on Tape!
Everybody likes a juicy confession about eating, especially if it is coming from a fitness trainer. This is not easy for me but it is a part of getting me back on track with my eating habits. Please do not get me wrong. This is not a list of forbidden foods. As long as you (or I) are consuming these food items in moderation and/or - in some cases - no more than once a week on average, there should not be a issue.

My first eating confession: Here are some of those food items I’ve been overindulging in:
1. Pastries
2. Pizza
3. Other sweets such as marschmellow in a jar
4. Jellies and Marmelade
5. Peanut butter
6. Cheese
7. Hamburger
8. Ice cream
9. Flavored, sugary drinks, including juices

My second eating confession: I'm eating too much and my belt is getting too tight. Of course, the easy way to fix this would be to simply buy pants that fit the bigger waistline. I am not taking that road!

My action plan:
On Monday, August 9, 2010, I made up my mind to start writing down what I eat and how much I eat. I decided to grab a sheet of paper and write down everything I consume, starting Tuesday, August 10. A wise man once said, "If you measure it, it will improve."
Here are the results:

Oatmeal, 1/2 cup, 150 cal.
Raisens, 1/3 cub, 130 cal.
Fax seeds, ground, 2 tbs, 120 cal.
Blueberries, 3/4 cup, 70 cal.
Slimfast, 1 scoop, 110 cal.
Watermelon, 2 cups, 120 cal.
Brown rice, 1 1/2 cups, 300 cal.
Tomato sauce, 1 cup, 150 cal.
Olive oil, 1 tbs, 120 cal.
Bannana, 2, 220 cal.
Coffee, 2 cups, 80 cal.
Brown rice, 1 cup, 218 cal.
Milk, low-fat, 1 cup, 110 cal.
Water, 15 cups, 0 cal.

My total caloric intake on Tuesday, August 10, 2010 was 1,898 calorie.

For the purposes of weight loss, based on my age and activity level, that's a good number. I could get it down to around 1,500 calories to expedite the weight loss process.

Boot Camp Fitness for All Shapes and Sizes: Complete Manual to Exceed Your GoalsWhat happened to the consumption or over consumption of all the food items mentioned in my confession list? As soon as I started to write down and measure my intake of food, I also was monitoring quantity and quality. By grabbing a piece of paper and listing what I eat, I'm also eliminating those food items listed in my first eating confession above.

Your Three-Step Action Plan

1. Acknowledge and recognize that there is a problem.
I noticed that my “deviant” eating habits had become a lifestyle. This one appears to be easy to accomplish. It is easy because there is no action required other than acknowledgement and recognition of eating too many bad food choices and too much food. As Albert Einstein once said, “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.” However, there is more to this. If we are acknowledging and recognizing the problem with the forethought that no action is required, it is bogus and does not count. It is not genuine. Motives do matter and the motive with forethought that no action is required will not bring about the positive change you are looking for.
2. Decide when and how you are going to take action.
As I jokingly but seriously mention during my fitness training session, there are only two things you need to control, your right and your left hand. Because that is how the food and drink you are consuming gets into your body. I needed to reduce consumption of food and improve the quality. I decided on August 9, 2010 in the evening that when I wake up in the morning, I will start writing down everything I consume. What happened to the consumption or overconsumption of all the food items mentioned in my confession list? As soon as I started to write down and measure my intake of food, I also was monitoring quantity and quality.
3. Take action.
I woke up the next morning, grabbed a pen and paper and started noting everything I ate and drank. I added some additional tools for the task, measuring cups and spoons. Instead of two tablespoons of olive oil on my brown rice dish, I only used one. Instead of 2 cups of cooked rice, I now used the measuring cup added one cup. I then increased amount the very low vegetables and measured 3/2 cup of black beans instead of the usual one plus cup. I significantly reduced the calories while increasing the quality. When eating out, the strategy changes. I already know the portions sizes are too big and the menu will tempt me with many choices. I need to decide before I set foot into the restaurant to be portion size conscious and watch the fat and sugar intake. If I ordering a full meal, I need to have half of it placed in a doggy bag before it gets to my table.



Grit's Bits
Recipe of the Week

Grit Weinstein, Author of The Tale of the Little Duckling
Wholegrain Bread with Cream Cheese and Fruits

Serves Two
Preparation time: 10 minutes
No cooking

All you need:
2 slices of whole grain bread
1 kiwi
5 large strawberries
cream cheese
honey

Peel the kiwi, and cut the kiwi in thin slices.
Wash the strawberries, remove the green stalks and cut them in thin slices.
Spread the cream cheese onto the bread followed by a thin layer of honey.
Slice the bread diagonal and place the strawberries and kiwi slices on top.
Use the rest of the kiwi and strawberries slices to decorate the plate.










New Beach Boot Camp Packages

Exciting new beach boot camp packages have been added for those who can't commit to one of the membership programs. A single class purchase costs $17.

BEACH BOOT CAMP

Ask about the new Beach Boot Camp packages:
3 class package: $46.50 - ($15.50 per class)
5 class package: $72.50 - ($14.50 per class)
10 class package: $130.00  - ($13.00 per class)
Packages expire six months from purchase date. Usage of classes are confirmed per email. To order a package, please email to TheHealthColonel@BeachBootCamp.net

You may also call 954-636-5351 and ask for Colonel Bob if you have more questions.

Beach Boot Camp memberships are as low as $3.90 per class.

More info at www.beachbootcamp.net.

T-SHIRTS - BEACH BOOT CAMP

PHOTOS

Press and Television

WSFL MORNING SHOW CLIPS OF BEACH BOOT CAMP

Past Newsletters

No comments:

Post a Comment