Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Comfort Zone: How to Leave It Behind

Boot Camp Fitness for All Shapes and Sizes: Complete Manual to Exceed Your GoalsWe all have our life zones where we feel comfortable. Comfortable with how things are even though we might like to change some things.

I know some people who decided to leave their comfort zone behind. Those who are attending my 5:30 a.m. Small Group Training for five weeks, three times per week, have decided to get out of their comfort zone and bring about positive change by burning a few more calories and getting in better shape.

This brings me to a poem about The Comfort Zone I'd like to share with you:

The Comfort Zone
I used to have a comfort zone where I knew I wouldn’t fail.
The same four walls and busywork were really more like jail. 
I longed so much to do the things I’d never done before, but stayed inside my comfort zone and paced the same old floor.
I said it didn’t matter that I wasn’t doing much.
I said I didn’t care for things like commission cheques and such. 
Quotes to live by (The Health Colonel Series)
By Lt. Col. Bob Weinstein
I claimed to be so busy with things inside my zone. 
But deep inside I longed for something special of my own.
I couldn’t let my life go by just watching others win.
I held my breath;
I stepped outside and let the change begin. 
I took a step and with new strength I’d never felt before.
I kissed my comfort zone goodbye and closed and locked the door.

Author unknown

Improve your health, quality of relationships, spiritual life, and career and finances by getting out of your comfort zone today.

No comments:

Post a Comment