This is the time to give thanks and reflect about all we have to be thankful for. Sometimes it all gets lost with so much focus on what is wrong. For those who are not aware, it was Abraham Lincoln – Proclamation of October 3, 1863 - that proclaimed Thanksgiving to be a national holiday. He did this during a very difficult time for the United States. The proclamation is a worthy read and so I am including it for you at http://www.beachbootcamp.net/newsletters/1353354638.pdf
The beach boot camp Christmas Party is on for Dec. 5, 2014 at 7 pm at the Old Heidelberg German Restaurant. I have reserved the party room and if we are lucky, the accordion player will come back and perform a couple of tunes for us.
HOLIDAY PARTY RSVP INVITE,
FRI, DEC. 5, 2014, 7 PM
WHO: Beach boot campers, friends and family
WHERE: Old Heidelberg Restaurant, 900 W. State Rd. 84 (or 900 SW 24th Street, Marina Mile), Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315 (plenty of free parking), website www.heidelbergfl.com
WHEN: Friday, Dec. 5, 2014, 7:00 PM
WHY: Sharing a good time together.
RSVP: RSVP is necessary. Please RSVP by Dec. 1, 2014 since there is limited seating in the party room.
RSVP by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions, call 954-790-7111
The menu selections are full course meals including, soup, bread and apple struddle. The price is $29.00 which includes tax and tips. Beverages are separate.
The meal selections are:
1. Wiener Schnitzel, served with mashed potatoes are red cabbage.
2. Pork Roast, served with mashed potatoes and sauerkraut.
3. Hungarian Goulash, served with chunks of tender beef in a special sauce, served with
Spatzle (a type of noodle) and red cabbage.
4. Oktoberfest Mixed Plate, bratwurst, kielbasa, knockwurst, Nuremberger, leberkase, smoked pork chop, meat ball, served with red cabbage, sauerkraut and mashed potatoes.
5. Chicken Marsala, served with marsala wine sauce, spatle and vegetables.
Dessert: Apple Struddle
PLEASE NOTE THAT VEGETARIANS CAN BE ACCOMMODATED AS WELL.