Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Colonel Bob's Newsletter, November 2012 Issue

Dear Boot Campers, Fitness Enthusiasts, Friends and Family,

I can't believe 2012 is quickly coming to an end. Reflecting back about what matters most, I am thankful for my friends and family. By the way, I feel like my boot campers are a part of my family. I love them as if they were my children and always look forward to the fitness time with them on the beach and during other activities. You are a wonderful source of inspiration and some of you are a source of entertainment. I won't name any names but you know who you are.

As some of you know, I have gone through some special challenges with cancer this year starting with surgery in January and will now begin radiation treatment (not chemo!). The radiation is focused in the area where the prostate used to be and I will not feel a thing although I am told I will feel some fatigue. I told my doctor I am very familiar with fatigue in the summer heat and humidity. I have absolutely no symptoms whatsoever and can still outrun most of you (except Helene). I am very grateful for all of your prayers and I believe that sincere, from the heart prayer to the Almighty is heard. Superficial prayer doesn't get His ear.

We do have our annual boot camp party coming up on November 30, 2012 and the next early bird boot camp cycle begins on November 15.

Oh yes, I almost forgot to mention the boot camp film shoot, on December 1st during boot camp at the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa on Saturday morning. The independent film maker will be submitting the film to the Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival in 2013. Only one exercise - dirty dogs - will be filmed.

In January 2013 there will be an article in the Fort Lauderdale Magazine which will feature beach boot camp.

The Marriott PR company will video tape beach boot camp and do some interviews which will be posted on the Marriott website. I will let you know when as soon as I know.

The presidential elections are over. I expect everyone to get along now! No more name calling, mud-slinging or bashing. Everyone needs to work the ear muscles much more and give the mouth muscles a break. That's an order!

We are all here on this Earth for just a short time. Keep things in perspective. If you allow your heart to be softened enough to allow the Creator to walk with you, you will hopefully find yourself ready for the inevitable event of leaving this world.


Bob Weinstein
Lt. Colonel, U.S. Army, Retired
www.beachbootcamp.net

P.S. My wife, Grit is once again performing in the Emmy award winning Christmas Pageant, in Fort Lauderdale. Tickets usually sell out so get your tickets early at http://brushfire.e-vent.info/Events/FLLChristmas2012/Start.aspx .

SEE EVENTS CALENDAR FOR DETAILS: http://colonelbobsbeachbootcamp.blogspot.com/p/events.html

FITNESS TIP: If you are feeling fatigued during your workout with others or alone, never apologize for your fatigue. Fatigue means you will make fitness progress.

OVERCOMING OBSTACLES: NEVER GIVE UP. http://colonelbobsbeachbootcamp.blogspot.com/2012/11/never-give-up-thats-right-i-said-never.html

Colonel Bob's books on Amazon.