1. Purchase snacks in single serving size.
2. Learn how to visualize the proper portion sizes for vegetables, fruits, meats, fish, peanut butter and
|Boot Camp for Women|
3. Share a dessert with friend.
4. Put aside half of that restaurant meal and have it packed by the waiter before you begin eating.
5. For those foods you tend to overeat, portion out snack-sized plastic baggies with the standard portion sizes.
6. Never eat out of the package (can of nuts, bag of chips, box of cereal, box of cookies or other)
NOTE: Be aware of emotionally driven eating and follow the above.
THE BEST VISUAL GUIDES FOR PORTION SIZES:
fish (3 oz) = checkbook size (175 calories)
chicken breast (3 oz) = deck of playing cards (94 calories)
pasta (cooked 1/2 cup) = golf ball size
orange (1 cup) = tennis ball (65 calories)
butter (1 tsp) = a scrabble tile (67 calories)
dinner roll = a yo-yo (85 calories)
potato = a computer mouse (130 calories)
brown rice (1/2 cup) = an ice cream scoop (110 calories)
beef (3 oz) = bar of soap (140 calories)
peanut butter (1 tsp.) = one die (100 calories)
hamburger = (3 oz) = a mayo jar lid (250 calories)
Beach boot Camp classes and programs.
BOOT CAMP BOOKS BY COLONEL BOB
NEW EARLY BIRD 5 WEEK BOOK CAMP CYCLE
Subscribe to Colonel Bob's Health and Fitness Newsletter
Lt. Colonel Bob Weinstein
U.S. Army, Retired